Monday, May 5, 2008

the color of light

I got rid of my alarm clock after darlin’ was born…she seemed to do the job just fine.  Fortunately, she doesn’t get up as early these days.   I haven’t reacquainted myself with the clock ,and I am happy with that.  Now a days, I just let the sun light gradually brighten my room.  One of my favorite things is lying there, half awake, planning with God, and thinking of others.  But today I got to wonderin’….How do you wake up in the morning?  Are you the first to rise or does someone else bug you in to getting up? Once you wake do you jump up to get things done or lay there thinking?  I am curious about how everyone starts their days off….I’m talking of the good mornings, not the stressful, crazy ones.

The house is still quiet and my coffee is done.  I am going to take time to get in The Word….ahhhh!!!  I think later today I will work on a new prayer ring.  Maybe I can share it with you…It is fun and girlie, with lots of ribbons and sparkles.  Check back later….here is a picture of my old one.

By the way, what do you think…Is light more silvery or gold?

3 comments:

sassy seamstress said...

if i'm really organized and want my day to start right, i set the alarm and wake up before everyone else. if not, i let the kiddos wake me up, which usually means it going to be a hectic day. you'd think i would've learned by now, but no. i occasionally still let them wake me up. now on saturdays...that's a different story. absolutely no alarms allowed (except for the built-in alarms we call children). not to worry though, if the first alarm fails, we have two more to back it up!!

Tracey said...

I gave up my alarm clock too! The sound of little ones is a much better way for me to wake up.

Lately, I have been waking up before the babies, with my husband as he gets ready for work. We then share coffee and a little devotion time (each reading our own and sitting next to each other on the couch.) before he leaves. It is a precious time together, and I love starting my day this way.

I want to know more about the prayer rings!

Cambre said...

how funny that you ask about the prayer rings...I just got home from Michael's with new ribbons and charms and will be finishing my new one as darlin' sleeps...

thanks for encouraging me to write about them...i was thinking I didn't have time for a post today...but now I will make it happen!!!