Monday, May 5, 2008

balancing the scale

  1. I have moved a lot in my life.  I have lived in Mississippi, Oklahoma,  4 places in Virginia, and 2 moves to North Carolina.  I consider home to be Richmond.
  2. I use to work in education before darlin’ was born.  I have been a 2nd and 3rd grade teacher, K-5 gifted resource teacher, curriculum facilitator, academic coach, and finally I was a formative assessment specialist.
  3. I hate peanut butter knives in the sink and sharing a jar of mayo with roommates.
  4. PYT will always get me on the dance floor.
  5. After hanging out with a bunch of new friends, I edit the conversations in my head for the next few days, wondering if they really understood me.
  6. I hit a house with my mom’s Volvo when I was 16.  Yes….I am admitting that I did this.  It’s been a family secret since we moved away.
  7. I love my life and want to live in this house forever.
  8. I use to have major conflict with my mother-in-law but now we are friends…real friends.  This is my favorite answered prayer.
  9. My favorite words are embellish…because of what it means, and whistle…because it is fun to say.   I also like the word abundance.
  10.   Although I have been known to love pink, I am beginning to think that blue is the most feminine color of all.
  11. I daydream a lot…about silly girly stuff...I call it pink dreaming.

7 comments:

sassy seamstress said...

maybe i'm the only one who doesn't know this, but what is "PYT"?

Cambre said...

Pretty Young Thing by Michael Jackson.

I'll put it at the top of my play list for you to hear.

sassy seamstress said...

i think you and i need to figure out how to move our music to the margin or people won't ever to hear it...what do you think? i've tried, but can't get it to move.

sassy seamstress said...

where are you links...i used them all the time...you know, your other "dreamers"???

Brian and Staci said...

I just happened upon your blog today through Emily's. LOVE it! I'm curious to know...did you live in OKC very long? I live in Edmond, just wondering! I'm trying to figure out all this "bloggy" stuff too...At least you have figured out how to put music on your's :) I'll be back to visit!

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY agree on the peanut butter knife in the sink thing. Jelly makes it worse. But, oh, how the sandwich is often worth it. And for the record, I love pink dreaming.

emily freeman said...

I'd love to see a post about pink dreaming. Like what...for example? Great post, by the way. I'm so glad you blog :)