
Do you think of great, thoughtful acts of kindness to do for the ones you love or ones you have in prayer?...something to let them know that you thought specifically of them in the middle of your ordinary day. I always do a bunch of this. However my follow through is embarrassing. To make it even worse, I can't admit my faults. Instead, I try to make light of the situation. I think that gifts and cards are for those who are shallow. Those of use who are genuine don't need something simple and generic to show our thoughtfulness. I claim that we just need to have trust in one another to know that the love is there...without the Hallmark commercialization of feelings.
Lately I have been convicted of my laziness. I have recently realized that my justification for not showing my feelings is a lazy cop out. Is this just me? Does anyone relate? I really hate sappy, meaningless, fake acts of kindness. I hate it so much that it has caused me to rebel against the thoughtful things that really do matter...like remembering birthdays and anniversaries, written note on specific occassions, home cooked meals during crazy times, etc. That is not like me...I am just over the shallowness of expectation.
I had a worthless friend who use to claim, "Under promise in hopes to over deliver." As oppose to over promising and under delivering.....what a sad way of living. Have I become this?







No comments:
Post a Comment