
Yesterday I was feeling guilty. You see, one of my favorite people in the world had a birthday last Tuesday. I didn't call her, send a card, write a letter...I did nothing.
I did spend the day praying for her and her happiness and being thankful for her life and all she means to me. But how in the world is she suppose to know that? I'm a looser friend. That is why I am still feeling guilty.
One thing you must know is that she and I agreed to forget each other's birthdays...because we both dislike celebrating getting older. Wouldn't it be more fun to celebrate friendship!...but I haven't done that either. .......and she sent me an arrangement of tulips for my 'so glad you are alive' day....yeah, she is much more thoughtful!
So now, it has been a full week. Seven full days that I have pushed aside her day.
Today I must make it a priority to write a letter and make a trip to the post office. That is a promise to me and to her. Today I will promise and deliver!!!...no under delivering today
....she just called me....i feel extra awful now!







6 comments:
YOur friend knows you were thinking of her on her birthday. And unlike your special friend - you DID deliver on a promise to not acknowledge birthdays and instead to pick a random day in the year to acknowledge your special, life-long friendship. You do that everyday. You pray for her , you think of her, you call her and leave her such special messages, you write her notes, you sahre your life with her and she ALWAYS knows you love her and she is important to you. She is blessed and thankful to have you as her dear close friend. So no guilt...that would upset her!!
I just came over via cozy nest and I SO do the same thing. My friends are the opposite though...they get seriously offended if I forget. You would think that would be enough to make me remember but I don't. We're grown! Who cares about birthdays anymore. I bet your friend totally understands!!
Thanks for visiting, I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. Ya know, once you hit 30 birthdays just arn't all that great. I turned 31 today, and well it's kinda a let down, I did get a new over the stove microwave, now isn't that exciting. To me it actually is, now I have a little more cabinet space, sorry I'm just jabbering on and on.
I don't usually buy kits, but that doesn't mean you can't. I did just find a cool website, where this girl makes the cutest cards and other stuff that might give you some ideas. It's
www.emilygiovanni.com/ There are also lots of magazines out there that are chucked full of ideas, I'm sure you could find one at Michaels.
anonymous- thanks for the encouragement..can we be friends too??? You seem so wonderful yourself!
Kathy- love your picture and your blog...too funny
Nicole- I checked out the card. She does an amazing job! Maybe I should buy some from her!
Thanks for y'all's support. I did finally get her perfect gift in the mail....finally.
I'm there with you. I always have wonderful "intentions" but my follow-through is terrible. My poor friends and family have to deal with my forgetfulness/procrastinating.
But the longer we put off calling, the guiltier we feel. YUCK!! But there is grace, praise God.
Post a Comment