Wednesday, May 21, 2008

why I love her so

As we cross the bumpy parking lot from one store to another, the overloaded stroller is dripping with children clothes hanging in plastic bags, just-bought-birthday presents, diaper bags, purses, etc.  Right now, He wants to be home to take a bath and use his new bubble shaving kit.  Her baby girl needs another HOT bottle, and my Meredith hasn't had a break all day.   However, she calmly takes his hand, guides the stroller across the street, and asks him what he thinks he will want for lunch today.  

It hit me then.
In that very moment.
Now I see why I love her so.

It was just plain uncomfortable with all of our stuff...but 
she was peaceful.  

That is how she always is.  That is why I love being in her presence.  No matter where we are or what is going on, she has this peace that softly floats around her.  I know she would try to say that this isn't true, but it is. So many of my friends (including me) run around being 'busy'...and so does she...but for some reason, I would never use the word 'busy' to describe her.  She always has the time to be thoughtful and seems to make things just right.......effortlessly.

I must also mention that during our shopping trip (with 3 children under 3) we went through all of our wipes and five diapers.  Her oldest was the last to need a change, and we had nothing. nothing.  Once again, she was peaceful.  

1 comment:

sassy seamstress said...

i can only imagine how she feels to read such nice things being said about her. you are too sweet!