Well, you get it don’t you? For those of us who are…let’s say….particular. We just have to decide to pick our battles wisely. I like to try to control the controllables , “because , as you know, there’s so much to life that isn’t controllable.” van Ogtrop, editor of Real Simple . I'll share if you will!
- · The junk mail gets sorted from the good stuff on the walk back up to the house. As I pass the trash can, the junk gets tossed…never making it in to my home.
- · The phone is for the convience of the receiver not the caller. Oops..Is that rude?
- · Leftovers are kept on the top shelf of the fridge, so I don’t forget to eat them. They might also save me from having to prepare dinner.
- · Laundry day is 1 day a week, unless packing for something…helps me not feel like a slave.
- · No alarm clock, except for darlin’…so waking up seems peaceful, not a jolt of noise.
- · The bed gets made first thing, no matter what I might be late for. This way at least one room in the house feels orderly.
And the list could go on and on…







3 comments:
Oh I love that list! I wish you WOULD go on! And your room is gor.geous. Controlling the controllables. I like it. As there is so much that isn't a controllable.
my problem is that i try to control everything and end up unorganized!
Wow, what a beautiful bedroom. I love the colors, they are so springish (I don't think that's a work) It's so nice and airy.
Post a Comment