Tuesday, April 29, 2008

bargin buying

I have a junky antique mall I like to visit.  I can't even remember when I found this place.  They call them antiques, I call it junk .....really ....today I saw a bed pan for sale....Really.  One time I took a friend to my junk shop, and I was just embarrassed beyond belief.  I found nothing and she didn't buy a thing and has never been back.  Well...I keep going back.   I promise that for every 5 wasted trips, there is one good...maybe great trip.   

Today I think I had a good day. First I bought a sweet little jar.  Not sure what I am going to put in it yet, but I have lots of ideas from Shannon over at Bless our Nest.  I was inspired by her creative organization post.  She is the reason I caught the bargin bug today. I was looking for a great laundry organizing basket and something for my chap stick with no luck.  However, I do think I got lucky with some other ....antiques, ha!....bargains

Check out this collection...dainty pillow case, wicker wall shelf, kid table, and a silver tray.
I know it hard to see, but I am not a great photographer like the rest of you.  This is the only picture I took with the wicker shelf.  It is an ugly greenish, yellow color.  I think I might be cute painted lime green.  Maybe I can share the after picture another day.  It was only a dollar!

I also got darlin' this little table. 
 Do you like the Peter Rabbit?  
I am not so sure about it...it isn't really my style.  I think it might look cute painted, maybe with her monogram.  Any idea where I could find some cute kid chairs to go with it?   The legs are real wood, but I am not sure about the top.  It was only $15...still a deal, right?

Next is a little silver tray.  Dixie wanted to meet you and help show it off.  She likes fancy things.  
                                                                                            
It has a divider in the middle and little legs so it can sit up pretty.  I also love her sassy handles and curvy physique.
                              
Wonder what Shannon or the Nester would do with this?  Maybe a place to put post-it notes and desk stuff, or maybe for my keys and out going mail?  Dixie is thinking she might use it for water and dogfood.  I would love any ideas you have!

Now I need your help.  I also bought this little table....for $20.  
I know you noticed it's sexy legs too!  I was looking for the kitchen today. If I put it in there, then it would need to be white or green.  Well, on the way from the front door to the kitchen, I may have found a new home for it.  I have been looking for a round table to go in the den.  Do you think the half table could go here instead?
                                                  
or would a round table be better?   (Dixie says hi again from the kitchen.  Can you tell she is excited too?)


Oh dear, I have spent as much time posting as I did shopping.  I need to polish my new silver and prime my shelf and table, so I can take some after pictures to show you.   If you have some great ideas for me, I would love to read your thoughts!   Oh, my total was only $51.65!  Can you believe it?
 

2 comments:

sassy seamstress said...

well, i was beginning to write my suggestions and just decided to give up. your much better at these ideas than i am; however, you must take me next time you go. i've been very interested to see if i could find such bargains! way to go...

Shannon said...

I also have a table like this except mine is green with chipping paint (which I love). :) I love the table here. You had a good day junking. I can't wait to see the finished products!