Friday, April 11, 2008

bye, bye new foyer lamp

I just want to sit down and completely relax.  The kind of relaxing when everything that could possibly get done....is done.  I want the bedrooms to be bursting with sunshine and to look like magazine layouts, the linen closet to look like a Pine Cone Hill photo shoot showing off all of the fun, floral, happy linens, the refrigerator to sparkle with cleanliness while displaying tonight's dinner already prepared on a silver platter with Saran wrap tightly wrapped around to keep it fresh, my hair to be straightened with soft curls (no waves) and toenails to be manicured with Cherries In the Snow, bright pink and coral flowers blooming in a well groomed yard, and vacuum cleaner tracks on all of the carpets.  Oh, I forgot to mention, I want the fresh breeze blowing through open windows all over the house. (sorry if this list is way too long for a blog, I wanted to put more...)
Why do I even wish for this?  How much would I pay for it?  I like to think about what it would be worth to me. Would I trade it for a new set of monogrammed stationery, or a haircut, or a new lamp for the foyer?  Would having some 'yard helper' come dig-up and rearrange my azaleas so I can plant my flowers help me be one step closer to the relaxation dream?
Well, my next door neighbors have a yard service working in their yard at this very moment.  Wonder if they need some extra things to do this afternoon?  Should I reassign my splurge envelope's mission from a foyer lamp to yard reorganization?  They could get it done today, this afternoon even and get me one step closer to that relaxation I am dreaming of.  

I think it is worth a shot. Bye, bye pretty foyer lamp...Hello again old, boring one...looks like you will be here a while.  Does that mean  I should start on the dinner in Saran?  Here goes nothin'....cc 

No comments: