Tuesday, April 15, 2008

maker or breaker?

Today is my one week blog anniversary.  Yippee!  

oh, and my least productive week.  I find myself running late for appointments, ignoring the phone, sleeping less, and hogging the computer all because I want to be blogging.  So yesterday morning I decided it was time for a blog rule.  For the past day and a half I have been thinking , am I crazy or do others make rules for themselves?  If you do, I would just get a kick out of knowing yours...maybe I could adapt it for myself...

So here it is:
Rule #1   No new posts or comments on other blogs 
until darlin' is down for afternoon nap.

If I follow the rule, then I don't feel guilty about stealing time from my family, and I can use my time more efficiently...(isn't it amazing how quickly you can get the yucky chores done when there is something fun to look forward to)...  I wonder if I can stick with it or will I not only be a rule maker but also a breaker?  Notice, I followed the rule yesterday and never got to blog...so sad..

At lunch with darlin' and my mister, he asked if I had been blogging this morning.  I told him about the new rule.  He was impressed but then took it a step further.  He decided to add one of his own...

Rule #2 (at least for today)
no blogging until dinner has been planned out

HaHa...So he has noticed too!  Is that allowed?  Can others make our rules or to each their own?  We'll see, I'll take his suggestion, for now, only because I do know what we are having tonight.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

I LOVE the blog! It's great; thank you so much for including me! So, you know I make rules for myself; here are just a few:
1. Find joy in my work, but don't derive my self-worth from what my coworkers say.
2. SLEEP!!!
3. Try to keep my house (and myself) somewhat organized.
4. Think about the cute babies-by-proxy we have until we can have some of our own (of course, darlin's pictures on my fridge help with that).

Miss and love you!!!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I had to laugh about your blogging rules, only because so many of us have had to create our own rules to keep ourselves in check! Blogworld is an addicting place, and a time consuming adventure. Good for you on setting some boundaries for yourself early on. :-)

Welcome to blogland!

Anonymous said...

because of you...haha...i, too, have started a blog and in my first post i stated that my number one rule is 10 minutes per day. we'll see if it sticks. although, if i have everything done, the kiddos are in bed, and no one is being deprived, what's the harm in a little more time.

ashley