
Look at her. Check out that smile of delight. ..watching over 2 children, cleaning the nursery, talking to a bird, singing... You must agree, she really is practically perfect in every way. She might have to be my much needed inspiration this week.
I have the TV turned off for TV turnoff week as I posted yesterday. Since Real Simple gave me this crazy idea, I wanted to go back and look over their suggestions for keeping busy and enjoying life without the television:
- pick up a book
- do some gardening
- write a few letters
- go for a walk
- play a round of cards
- learn seven new recipes
- go fly a kite
Doesn't this sound so Mary Poppin-ish? Don't you just love it!!! However, they forget to mention the kids. That is where Mary Poppins comes in. She has children with her everywhere she went and had the most delightful attitude. I want that! I can remember all of her qualities, so I went searching... and didn't find what I was looking for. Maybe I'll just rent the movie tonight instead. For now I will be singing in my head...
In ev'ry job that must be doneThere is an element of funyou find the fun and snap!The job's a gameAnd ev'ry task you undertakeBecomes a piece of cakeA lark! Aspree!It's very clear to seeThat a... Spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
Are you singing it with me? Wow! With her use of imagination and delight as an example, I am looking forward to cleaning up our nursery!
By the way, I broke rule number one. But as Mary Poppins would carelessly say... That's a piecrust promise. Easily made, easily broken.







1 comment:
so, i decided that i would post on today's post so that you wouldn't be disappointed that no one had left you a comment. i felt so sorry for you when i read yesterday's blog and you were so hoping for a comment. now i know why you were in a "downward spiral" :) don't we all want to be like mary poppins. but i do believe that falls into the category of "hollywood" making us think that we are supposed to be something that is impossible. you are doing a great job and don't let mary poppins tell you otherwise. by the way, that is my middle child's absolute favorite movie. she wants to watch it everytime we have movie night. have a great day!
Post a Comment